Stoney Ridge Winery and Chief Supermarkets Present: Wine & Dine
- Rental Policy
- Local Attractions
- Wine & Dine
- Where To Buy
- Ultimate Party Wings
- Spaghetti Pretzels
- Spice Pecans
Ultimate Party Wings
- 1 – 12 ounce bottle of Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 – 14 ounce can Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce
- 24 chicken drummettes
Directions: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Combine chili sauce and cranberry sauce in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, whisking occasionally until smooth. Reserve one-third of the sauce mixture. Arrange the drummettes on a baking sheet coated with a non-stick spray. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn drummettes over and brush with sauce mixture until well coated. Bake for an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve hot with reserved sauce for dipping.
- 20 ounces pretzels, salted or unsalted
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 package dry spaghetti sauce seasoning mix
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 T dry red wine
Directions: Preheat your oven to 250 degrees. Pour the pretzels into a large bowl. Gradually, pour the vegetable oil over the pretzels and stir until evenly coated. Sprinkle on the spaghetti sauce seasoning and parmesan cheese a little at a time, stirring after each addition. Add the red wine and stir again. Bake in a 13” x 9” baking sheet for 30 minutes. Stir about half way through.
- 1 egg white
- ½ T cinnamon
- ½ T clove
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups pecans
Directions: Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Beat egg white and add sugar, cinnamon and clove. Stir in pecans, and pour out on a baking sheet coated with a non-sticking spay. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Ham Broccoli Bake
- Sausage, Spinach Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Pineapple Casserole
Ham Broccoli Bake
- 2 ½ cups uncooked Penne macaroni
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- ½ cup minced onions
- 2 cans (10 ¾ ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 or 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 2 or 3 cups crushed potato chips
Cook macaroni according to the package directions. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, soup, ham, cheese, milk, onion and pepper. Drain macaroni: add the ham mixture. Transfer to a greased 13x9 baking dish; sprinkle with potato chips. Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Sausage, Spinach Cheese Stuffed Shells
- 1 package jumbo pasta shells
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- ¾ lb. bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg *
- 1 container (15 oz.) whole or part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 box (9 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella, grated
- ½ tsp. each kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 32 oz. tomato sauce with basil
- (Optional ingredients…Use 2 large eggs if using pureed cottage cheese instead of ricotta cheese)
Boil a pot of salted water; add shells and cook as directed. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain on paper towels. Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high; add onion and cook until softened. Add sausage and break in bits. Cook, stirring frequently until sausage is no longer pink. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute and remove from heat. Beat egg, stir in Ricotta, spinach, ½ cup Parmesan, Mozzarella, salt, pepper and cooled sausage mixture. Fill shells with mixture. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread 1 cup of sauce in a 3 quart baking dish. Arrange stuffed shells in dish. Spread remaining tomato sauce over shells. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbling. Remove foil, sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in pineapple and lemon juice. Fold in bread cubes.
Pour into a greased 13x9 baking dish. Top with pineapple rings and cherries. Bake, uncovered at 325 degrees for 35 – 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.
- Tortellini Soup
- Chicken Rivel Soup
- Crusty Bread w/ Herbed Dipping Oil
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (28 ounces) dice tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 ½ ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen green beans
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 clove minced garlic
In a large saucepan, cook beef (turkey) over medium heat, until no longer pink, and drain. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook uncovered for 7-9 minutes or until tortellini is tender.
Chicken Rivel Soup
- 1 whole chicken
- 3 quarts of water
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large carrot - diced
- 1-2 celery stalks – diced
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
Boil chicken in salted water until very tender. Strain and save all of the broth. Debone the chicken. In a dutch oven, sauté onions, carrots, garlic and celery until tender. Add chicken stock and deboned chicken pieces. Bring to a boil.
In a large bowl, add flour, salt and eggs. With your hands, stir mixture and use fingers to incorporate eggs into flour. They should resemble little pellets. Slowly drop into boiling broth. Continue to cook, reducing to a simmer until rivels are tender.
Herbed Bread Dipping Oil
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 T. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Garlic salt
- 1 T. Parmesan Cheese
- Small can of Black Olives sliced (optional)
Blend all ingredients together. Enjoy with crusty bread.
- All about Eggs
- Gourmet Deviled Eggs
- Egg Salad on Croissants
All about Eggs
Grab the kids & color up some eggs!
(Great fun anytime of the year!)
Use egg – dying ingredients right from your kitchen – using candy, spices, fruit and even red wine.
Hard Boil 2 to 3 dozen eggs.
To make your own coloring use 2 cups boiling water and add 1 Tbsp. of white vinegar to each “dye”. Dry on paper towels and hide!
- Orange – 1 package of orange Kool-Aid
- Yellow – 2 Tbsp. Turmeric
- Burgundy – one skin of 1 large red onion
- Pink – 7 oz. red-hot candy (melted in the water/vinegar)
- Green – ½ package of green jello
- Blue – ½ cup of frozen blueberries (simmered for 15 minutes then drained and add to water/vinegar)
- Purple/Black – Dark red wine – Stoney Ridge Dechaunac Red Wine
Gourmet Deviled Eggs
1 Dozen Eggs
Boil eggs and transfer to a bowl of ice water with a slotted spoon and let cool. Drain the ice water. One at a time, crack the bottom, sides andend of each egg against the bowl, then hold the egg under cold running water and peel. Slice the eggs in half longwise. Scoop the yoke into a bowl and make your filling. Fill the egg-white halves with the yolk mixture using a spoon, piping bag or resealable plastic bag with the corner snipped.
Basic fill recipe:
- ¼ to ½ cup real mayonnaise (for taste)
- 2 Tbsp. minced red onion
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. lemon juice (fresh)
- Scant sugar (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. Dill (optional)
Kick it up to Gourmet with these variations
Either mix these ingredients into the Basic recipe or use as toppers:
- Crumbled bacon & shredded Cheddar cheese
- Roast beef and Horseradish sauce
- Thin deli ham & shredded Swiss cheese
- Diced avocados & diced tomatoes & scallions
- Diced Crab meat & avocado
- Chopped black olives & tomatoes
- Garnish all or partial with freshly chopped dill or scallions
Egg Salad on Croissants
Hard boil 1 dozen eggs, set to cool and peel. Chop all eggs into a bowl.
Add the following ingredients to the eggs:
- ½ - 1 cup of real Mayonnaise (too taste or consistency)
- ¼ cup Minced red onion
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill
- ½ juice of lemon
- ¼ cup diced celery (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tsp. paprika
Spoon into Croissants; add lettuce, spinach or tomatoes.
- Classic Glazed Ham
- Creamy Spring Peas & Bacon
- Pound Cake with Rhubarb Sauce
Classic Glazed Ham
- 1 9-10 lb. fully cooked smoked ham
- 1 ½ cup glaze
Remove ham from refrigerator and bring to room temperature (about ½ hour). Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Using a sharp paring knife, score through the top of the ham ¼ to ½ inch in diagonal criss-cross pattern. This gives the ham an attractive design and allows the glaze to adhere. Put the ham on a rack inside a roasting pan. Pour ¼ in water into the bottom of the pan. Transfer to preheated oven and roast until the thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the ham register at 130 degrees (about 15 minutes per pound). Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees. Pour half of the glaze over the ham and brush to coat. Add more water to the bottom of the pan if needed. Return ham to the oven and roast, basting every 10 minutes with remaining glaze until very brown…about 30-45 more minutes.
Hoisin – Spice Glaze
- 1 jar hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. Red pepper flakes (optional)
Apricot – Ginger Glaze
- 1 jar apricot jam
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Creamy Spring Peas & Bacon
- 1 lb. fresh Sugar Snap peas
- 2 cups frozen English peas
- 4 oz. bacon
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Fill a large bowl with ice water. Add snap peas to the boiling water and cook until barely tender & bright green. Plunge peas into ice water to stop the cooking process…about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer to a paper toweled plate to cool. Add the flour to the bacon drippings in the skillet (or use olive oil) and cook, whisking until toasted…about 1 minute. Whisk in the chicken broth and cream. Cook until reduced by a third…about 5 minutes. Add both types of peas to the skillet. Crumble the bacon and add to the skillet adding pepper as desire. Stir until all heated through. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with lemon zest. Serve hot.
Pound Cake with Rhubarb Sauce
- 1 Pound Cake (bakery purchased)
- 3-4 cups Rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 1 container Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Powdered sugar
Put rhubarb on a sauce pan with water and sugar. Cook until sauce-like consistency. Cool. Slice the pound cake and layer with yogurt and rhubarb sauce. Try layering 3 high. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.