Stoney Ridge Winery and Chief Supermarkets Present: Wine & Dine
- Rental Policy
- Local Attractions
- Wine & Dine
- Where To Buy
- Salami with cheeses
- Crusty Garlic Bread w/Herbed Dipping Oil & White Bean Dip
- Marinated Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Prosciutto wrapped Melon with Biscotti Cookies and Pistachio nuts
Wine pairing: Pinot Grigio (dry)
Stoney Ridge Vegetable Pasta Salad
- 16 oz. Package of any Delallo Pasta
- ½ Bottle of Delallo Sweet Italian Dressing
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped pepperoni, ham, or salami
Add 5 cups of any of these fresh chopped vegetables (choose colorful ones!)
- Red onions
- Cherry tomatoes
- Black olives
- Artichokes (canned)
- Peas (frozen)
- Yellow or Green Zucchini
- Red Pepper
Cook pasta according to directions. Rinse in cold water and drain. Add all ingredients. Toss together well. Taste and adjust accordingly. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with basil leaves. Chill overnight for best flavor.
Tuscan White Bean Dip
- 2 cans of Cannellini Beans
- 1-2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- ¼ cup Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- White wine – a splash to thin and enhance
Put all ingredients into a food processor or blender and purée. Adjust salt, garlic and wine to taste and consistency.
Great to dip with:
- Crusty bread
- Pitas or crackers
- Fresh vegetables
Bread Dipping Oil
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon dried Italian Seasoning
1 tablespoon minced garlic
½ teaspoon sea salt
Blend all ingredients together. Pour into small shallow dishes and dip chunks of your favorite bread into oil. Yields 4 servings.
Prosciutto Wrapped Melon
- 8-10 large cubes of cantaloupe
- 1 large package of prosciutto
Simply wrap long slices of prosciutto around large cubes of cantaloupe. Secure with a long toothpick. A sweet and salty treat.
- Peach-Ginger Glazed Chicken and Ham Steak
- Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Herbed Cheesy Grilled Corn-on-the-Cob
- Fresh Tomato & Grilled Bread Salad
- Grilled Chocolate Sandwiches
Wine pairing: Proprietor's Blend (semi-dry)
- 1 jar peach preserves
- 2 T. finely grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 T. soy sauce or Bragg’s Amino Acids
- ½ t. red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- 2 t. olive oil
- ½ t. sea salt
- ½ t. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 thinly sliced green onions – including green parts
Combine all ingredients. Continually baste ham steak and chicken pieces while grilling until chicken juices run clear and have an internal temperature on 180º. Ham steak should be finished cooking at 160º internal temperature. Ham steaks and boneless chicken thighs grill very quickly. Baste again before serving.
Option: Instead of grilling the chicken, simply brown chicken in olive oil using an oven safe skillet. Pour glaze over chicken and bake in oven 40 minutes at 350º. Serve rice as a side dish, spooning glaze dripping from chicken over the rice!
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1 package pork or turkey bacon
Wash asparagus and discard woody ends. Wrap 1 slice of bacon around 3 or 4 spears of asparagus. Grill on medium to low heat until asparagus in tender. Serves 4.
Herbed Cheesy Corn-on-the-Cob
- Husked corn-on-the-cob (1 to 2 ears per person)
- Better Butter (see separate recipe)
- 1 T. Italian seasoning - dried
- 1-2 t. minced garlic
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
Blend Better Butter with Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. Generously coat ears of corn with the mixture then coat ears with Parmesan cheese. Grill on low heat until tender.
- Butter and Extra Virgin Olive Oil – equal parts
Soften butter and add olive oil. Blend well. Store in refrigerator up to 3 months. Is easy to spread when cold. Use to fry eggs, butter toast or simply add to hot vegetables, especially baked potatoes!
Fresh Tomato & Grilled Bread Salad
Heat grill to medium. Brush bread with olive oil on both sides and grill until lighted charred on both sides. Cool and cut into large cubes. Toss the rest of the ingredients and drizzle with remaining olive oil and vinegar. Add grilled bread cubes last and toss lightly.
Note: Make recipe for one meal only as bread will become soggy if used as leftover.
Grilled Chocolate Sandwiches
- Italian Bread (sliced)
- 1 egg mixed with white wine to make egg wash
- Dark chocolate pieces
Dip bread into egg mixture then layer chocolate pieces between bread slices. Grill on medium heat, long enough to leave grill marks and melt chocolate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
Fry in skillet in butter or grill.
- Cheezy Sausage Melts
- Denise’s Spinach Balls
- Sweet Cheese
- Roast Beef Asparagus Wraps
- Fresh Fruit and Cookie Platter
Cheezy Sausage Melts
- 1 package cocktail rye bread slices
- 1 lb. bulk seasoned sausage
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- dash of red pepper
- Parsley for garnish
Cook and drain sausage. Melt cheese into hot meat. Add a dash of red pepper. Spoon mixture on rye bread slices. Bake in preheated 350° oven for 10-12 minutes or until hot and slightly crispy. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Note: Make extra batches to freeze. These freeze very well. Do not bake until ready to serve. Handy in case friends drop by!
Denise’s Spinach Balls
- 1 box Stuffing Mix with seasoning's
- 1 – 10 oz. package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
Mix all ingredients together. Chill several hours or over night. Roll into small balls (golf ball size). Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes. Serve with dill dip.
- 1 - 4.5 oz. package Brie or Gouda wheel
- Strawberry jam
- 1 package crescent rolls
Spread strawberry jam generously over top of cheese wheel. Wrap in crescent roll pastry, making sure all seams are sealed. Bake at 350° until golden brown. Cut into slices and serve.
Roast Beef Asparagus Wraps
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus (whole spears)
- ½ lb. deli roast beef, chipped
- 1 pkg. Cream cheese
- 2 T. prepared horseradish
- 1 T. minced garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
Sauté whole asparagus spears in extra virgin olive oil until fork-tender. Blend horseradish and garlic into softened cream cheese. Spread mixture on thin slices of roast beef, and wrap the slices around asparagus spears. May be left long or cut in half. Chill.
Note: Substitute deli turkey or ham for the roast beef. May use dill instead of horseradish.
Fresh Fruit and Cookie Platter
Assemble assorted colorful, seasonal fresh fruit with a variety of fancy cookies on papered doily platters. Quick, easy, healthy, and pretty!
- Molasses Brine Roasted Turkey
- Sausage Sage Cornbread Stuffing
- Pumpkin Pie Dessert
Molasses Brine Roasted Turkey
- 1 whole, thawed turkey
- 2-4 gallons of tepid water (enough to cover turkey when submersed)
- 12 oz. of dark (robust) Molasses
- 2 cups Kosher salt
- 3 T. garlic powder
- Large bundles of fresh (or dried) herbs – i.e. sage, rosemary, parsley.
Mix all brine ingredients in a very large container or bucket. Submerse whole, thawed turkey in brine. Cover and keep refrigerated 24 to 48 hours. Turkey will become very dark in color.
Remove turkey from brine and pat dry. Stuff cavity of turkey with some or all of the following choices of aromatic fruits and herbs: Apples, Pears, Oranges, Lemons, Onions, Garlic Cloves, Sage, and Rosemary
Position the turkey in roasting pan. Slather with Herb Butter (recipe listed below) under the skin of the breast side of turkey. Butter the outside of bird, too. Completely cover turkey with aluminum foil and roast at 325°, factoring in the weight according to instructions on turkey packaging. NOTE: Use a meat thermometer and do not exceed 165° internal temperature. Let turkey rest 30 minutes (covered) before carving.
- Softened butter
- Garlic salt
- Ground sage
- Ground rosemary
- Onion powder
Blend ingredients together
Sausage Sage Cornbread Stuffing
- 3 pkg. Jiffy Cornbread mix
- 1 pkg. Bulk breakfast sausage (spicy is best)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrots, finely chopped or grated
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 T. chopped parsley
- 2 T. ground sage
- 2 T. ground rosemary
- 1 lg. Container chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- paprika (for garnish)
Bake cornbread according to package directions. Cool. Crumble cornbread into mixing bowl. Cook sausage and vegetables with garlic in skillet until done. Add sausage mixture to cornbread. Mix in remaining ingredients, and enough chicken broth to saturate cornbread. Place mixture in 9” x 13” pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes. Sprinkle with paprika before serving.
Pumpkin Pie Dessert
- 1 Lg. can evaporated milk
- 1 C. sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 Lg. can pumpkin
- 3 t. pumpkin pie spice
Beat together and pour into a 9” x 13” cake pan.
1 pkg. Yellow cake mix (dry)
1 C. chopped pecans
Drizzle on top:
1 stick butter (melted)
Bake at 350° until center is done. Top with whipped topping if desired.
"Cooking On A Budget"
- Golden Baked Chicken
- Orange Zest Dill Green Beans
- Pam’s Bread Pudding
- Roast Chicken and Vegetables
Golden Baked Chicken
- 6 Chicken thighs (skin on or off)
- 1 Can of Golden Mushroom soup
- 1 t. pepper
- 1 t. paprika
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. ground sage
Spray baking dish and place chicken pieces in dish. Spoon soup over chicken. Sprinkle seasonings on top. Cover and bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes or until done. Uncover for last 10 minutes to brown. Serve with rice or potatoes. Serves 4.
Orange Zest Dill Green Beans
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen green beans
- 2 T. butter (or olive oil)
- 2 or 3T. fresh grated orange zest
- dried dill weed
- sea salt
Clean and de-stem green beans. Melt butter in skillet. Add green beans and orange zest and sauté until tender, but still dark green. Season with salt and dill weed. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
Pam’s Bread Pudding
- 1 (1 lb) loaf of white or wheat bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 qt. hot milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2T. Vanilla extract
- 3T. melted butter
- 1T. cinnamon
- 1T. Ground cloves
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish. Put bread pieces in dish. Blend hot milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, butter and spices. Pour egg mixture over bread pieces. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot or cold.
Roast Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 Whole Fryer Chicken
- 6 medium potatoes
- 6-8 carrots
- 1 large or 2 small onions
- 1 cup melted butter
Preheat oven to 425. Cut up vegetables into larger chunked pieces. Combine and place in a 13x9 oblong pan or in roaster. Place whole chicken on top of vegetables. Brush with melted butter. Pour remaining butter over vegetables. Salt and Pepper chicken. (Poultry spice or sage may also be added). Place in oven for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours. Chicken juices should be clear. Remove chicken, cover with foil and set aside. Allow vegetables to bake for another 10 minutes. Serves 4 people.